December 16 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Surrounded by history! San Bernardo, in the same neighborhood where Giralda Center is now located, has always been associated with bull-fighting and cradle of many of its great figures. The second bullring in the city was erected among its streets: the Monumental, an ambitious construction promoted by the bullfighter José Gómez Ortega “Gallito”. A fundamental scene in the reconquest of the city by King Fernando in 1248, its back streets still conserves names associated with this great moment in history such as Caecompamento or Gallinato. Also found here is one of the city’s major industries: artillery. Legend has it that from its factories came the cannon that left Almiral Nelson with one arm. And it is obligatory to mention the firefighter’s station, the first to exist in Spain. But if there is one thing that currently represents this neighbourhood it would be without a doubt the figures that parade the streets during Holy Week: el Cristo de la Salud and la Virgen del Refugio.